Please note the general
information on applications .
Questions about the online application should exclusively be sent to: dstip.bewerbung [at ]career.tu-berlin.de 
Number of scholarships available
For the 11th
funding period 2021/2022, we currently expect to award 128
Deutschlandstipendium scholarships. If further
commitments are made by donors, we will update the figure accordingly.
Donors can earmark their pledge for a specific
degree program or subject area. In addition to earmarked pledges,
there are also scholarships open to all degree programs.
In the upcoming 11th funding period 2021/2022, we expect pledges to be earmarked for the following degree programs (subject to change):
- Architektur - Architecture
- Automotive Systems
- Bauingenieurwesen - Civil Engineering
- Biotechnologie - Biotechnology
- Chemie - Chemistry
- Chemieingenieurwesen - Chemical Engineering
- Civil Systems Engineering
- Computational Engineering
- Computational Neuroscience
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Deutsch als Fremd- und Fachsprache - German as a Foreign Language
- Elektrotechnik - Electrical Engineering
- Elektrotechnik/Informationstechnik - Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Energie- und Prozesstechnik - Energy and Process Engineering
- Energie- und Verfahrenstechnik - Energy Engineering and Process Engineering
- Environmental Planning
- Geodesy and Geoinformation Science
- Geschichte und Kultur der Wissenschaft und Technik - History and Culture of Science and Technology
- Global Production Engineering
- Human Factors
- Informatik - Computer Science
- Information Systems Management
- Informationstechnik - Information Technology
- Informationstechnik/Mathematik - Information Technology and Mathematics
- Ingenieurwissenschaftliche Studiengänge allgemein - Engineering degree programs
- Innovation in Information and Communication Technology
- Innovation Management, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability
- IT for Energy
- Lebensmitteltechnologie - Food Technology
- Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik - Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Maschinenbau - Mechanical Engineering
- Mathematik - Mathematics
- Medieninformatik - Digital Media and Technology
- Medientechnik - Media Technology
- Medienwissenschaft - Media Studies
- MINTgrün Orientierungsstudium - MINTgrün pre-study orientation program
- MINT-Studiengänge allgemein - STEM degree programs
- Naturwissenschaften in der Informationsgesellschaft - Natural Sciences in the Information Society
- Physik - Physics
- Physikalische Ingenieurwissenschaft - Engineering Science
- Prozess-, Energie- und Umweltsystemtechnik - Process, Energy and Environmental Systems Engineering
- Produktionstechnik - Production Engineering
- Real Estate Management
- Regenerative Energiesysteme - Renewable Energy Systems
- Stadtökologie - Urban Ecosystems Sciences
- Technische Informatik - Computer Engineering
- Verkehrswesen - Transport Systems
- Wirtschaftsinformatik - Business Informatics
- Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen - Industril Engineering and Management
The online application from start to end
Beginning 13 October 2021, you
will find the link to our application portal at the
bottom of this page. Please refer to the following information before
beginning your application. The application portal is open
until 2 November 2021, 1:00 pm.
(As the portal was temporarily unavailable due to a technical problem on 31 October, the application period has been extended accordingly and applications can be submitted via the portal until 2 November 2021, 1:00 pm.)
Important information about the application portal
- Please note the information on using the application portal and on data protection (available to download in the right-hand column).
- A one-time
registration is required when you start the online application. You
will recognize the e-mail you receive to confirm your registration by
the the subject line "[APTE NG] Complete registration".
Emails confirming which are automatically sent from the application
portal, have as sender the system address
noreply[at]aptecloud.valucon.de. No queries can be sent to
this address; if you have any questions, please contact us at
- Once you have registered, you can
save your application at any time during the application period and
complete or edit it at a later date.
- Please note: Your application is only considered submitted when you have sent it by clicking the button "Submit" (in German "Abgeben"). Once your data has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. If you would like to include changes after you have submitted the application, you can do so and they will be saved automatically (recognizable in a status bar in the form).
- First-year students who have applied to several degree programs at the TU Berlin for the winter semester 2021/2022 and are not yet enrolled in a degree program must submit a separate application for a Deutschlandstipendium for each eligible degree program. To do this, you can create up to three applications per account using the "New Form" button; you can then distinguish your applications by different reference numbers. Please note: There is no automatic transfer of changes or additions from one application to the other, you must process all your applications individually.
- You will not be able to process your application after the application deadline. Please remember to save your application for your own records. You can do so by downloading a pdf of your application from the portal.
Important information about the online application
- Applications must be submitted exclusively via the online application portal.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered and will be rejected. The application deadline cannot be extended. Applications which are incomplete or not provided in the requested format will not be considered.
- It is in
your own interest to ensure that you provide your current mailing
address and email address (including the name of the person on your
mailbox/door or room number). We are not responsible for errors or
missed deadlines due to incorrect information.
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for informing
yourself of the application requirements for the
Deutschlandstipendium and ensuring the accuracy of your
application documents and their submission within the deadline. We
will not notify you if your application is incomplete or contains
- Please also note that the only valid
information regarding the application, format, and necessary documents
is that provided by the Deutschlandstipendium Adminstration Office at
TU Berlin (and not other sources with potentially varying
- Questions about the online application should only be sent to: dstip.bewerbung [at ]career.tu-berlin.de 
Documents to be submitted
On the Application  web page, you can find an
overview of which data is requested as part of the online application
and which supporting documents must be submitted as a PDF upload in
the application portal. In addition, you will find corresponding notes
at the individual query fields in the online form. Please read the
The documents have to be submitted in German or English. Other foreign language documents have to be submitted with a certified translation (own translations cannot be recognized). For credits obtained abroad (e.g. for the university entrance qualification), an official conversion into the German grading system is required (e.g. the Evaluation Report of uni-assist e.V.), own conversions are not sufficient.
Selection criteria and process
Information about the selection criteria, selection committee, and selection procedure timeline can be found on the page Application . Make sure to also note the dates and deadlines  for the Deutschlandstipendium.
The online application for the 11th funding year 2021/2022 is closed.
The application period for the 11th funding year 2021/2022 for the Deutschlandstipendium at TU Berlin has passed. The application period lasted from 13 October to 2 November 2021, 1:00 pm. We do not accept any further applications or late documents.
The next application period for the 12th funding year (winter semester 2022/2023 and summer semester 2023) will be expected to take place in the summer of 2022.
AdministrationDiana Lange (IF 6)
+49 (0)30 314-26443
Ernst Ruska building
Room ER 381
e-mail query 
Ernst Ruska building
Room ER 386
e-mail query 
ProjektleitungKirsty Otto (IF 5)
+49 (0)30 314-25309
Room ER 381
e-mail query 
- 2021 Nachweise proof DStip web 
- 2021_Datenschutzhinweis DataProtection TUB DStip 
- 2021_Datenschutzhinweis DataProtection valucon DStip